- review yoga etiquette so you feel very comfortable entering an unfamiliar situation.
- tell the teacher it's your first class (you probably won't be the only one).
- ask the teacher for help if you need it.
- look around and follow what other student are doing, especially if the teacher does not demonstrate every pose. However, keep in mind that you may be looking at more advanced students, so do not compare yourself to them.
- familiarize yourself with some beginners' yoga poses before you take your first class.
- come back in a few days for your next class!